ABC Motors care about privacy issues and want you to be familiar with how we collect, disclose, and otherwise use (“Process”) information about you. This privacy notice (“Privacy Notice”) describes our practices in connection with information we collect through our sales agents and any other official documentation provided to us by third parties or intermediaries, as well as through computers and mobile devices (“Apps”), through our website (“Websites”) and through offline activities, such as when you provide your information on the phone or in person (“Offline Activities”).
We may collect "Personal Information" (information that identifies you or relates to you as an identifiable person or juristic person (company or business)) about you such as your:
· Name and Surname
· ID number
· Residential, or business address and Postal address
· Contact number
· Email address
· Opinions, comments, suggestions, inquiries and other communications you provide to us
· Sales transactions
· Documentation received from your Insurer OR intermediaries
· Purchases of vehicles that require change of ownership documentation to be completed and submitted to the Licencing Authority
· Feedback or participation in a survey
Other information we collect about you:
From other sources: We may receive some of your Personal Information from other sources, such as your Insurer or other intermediaries sourcing parts on your behalf.
We may Process Personal Information in connection with any of the following:
1. Our business transactions with you, including, but not limited to:
· Sales of parts
· Sales of vehicles
· Completing and fulfilling any administrative procedures such as change of ownership
of vehicles purchased
2. For our legitimate business interests, including, but not limited to:
· Carrying out data analysis, audits, monitoring, reporting, internal quality assurance, enhancing, improving or modifying our service delivery, identifying trends, auditing use and functionality of our services, helping protect our services and operating and expanding our business activities.
3. In accordance with any consent you may have provided.
· You have the right to decline to provide your consent and, if consent is provided, to withdraw it at any time.
4. As necessary or appropriate for legal reasons, including, but not limited to:
· Under applicable law including but not limited to the Financial Intelligence Centre Act and the Second Hand Goods Act.
· Complying with legal process.
· Responding to requests from public and government authorities.
· Protecting our operations.
· Protecting our rights, privacy, safety or property.
We may disclose your information as follows:
· Business Partners and Other Third Parties: We may disclose your Personal Information to business partners (such as courier companies), and other third parties in order to deliver our services i.e. database hosts and licencing authorities.
· Change in Control: We may disclose your Personal Information to a third party (e.g., prospective buyers and insolvency practitioners) in connection with any change in control of our business, including, without limitation, merger, consolidation, divestiture, spin-off, purchase of all or a substantial portion of our assets, dissolution, liquidation, administration, receivership or other form of insolvency.
· Disclosure Permitted or required by Law: We may disclose your Personal Information to law enforcement authorities, government or public agencies or officials, regulators, and/or to any other person or entity having appropriate legal authority or justification for receipt of your information, if required or permitted to do so by law or legal process, to respond to claims, or to protect our rights, interests, privacy, property or safety.
We will take reasonable steps to protect the information you provide us from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We have implemented appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to help safeguard and secure your information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration or destruction. Unfortunately, no security system is 100% secure, thus we cannot ensure the security of all information you provide to us.
Information Provided/Requested on Someone Else's Behalf:
If you provide us with/requests information about someone else, please ensure you have the person's permission to do so for the purposes detailed in this Privacy Notice. Permission can be granted by using a Special Power of Attorney or Letter of Permission obtained from the person on whose behalf you are acting.
Social Media Sites: Please note that we are not responsible for the collection, usage and disclosure policies and practices (including data security) of other organisations, such as Google, Microsoft, WhatsApp or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including any Personal Information you disclose to other organisations through or in connection with the Apps or our Social Media Pages. Please refer to the privacy policies of our social media partners when you interact with them online.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice:
From time to time we may revise this Privacy Notice. Updated versions will be posted on our website.
We will retain your Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
This Privacy Notice shall be read in conjunction with the Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013 (No. 4 of 2013) (“POPIA”).
Scope of Privacy Notice:
This Privacy Notice applies to information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person.
Consent to Process Personal Information:
By providing Personal Information to us, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and any other arrangements that apply between us. We may change our Privacy Notice from time to time by publishing changes to it on our website. We encourage you to check our website periodically to ensure that you are aware of our current Privacy Notice.
Withdrawing Your Consent:
You may withdraw any consent you have provided to us to process your information at any time.
Accessing your Information:
In accordance with applicable law, you may access the Personal Information we process about you.
Personal Information Collection Method:
In the course of providing you with products or services, we collect Personal Information in a variety of ways. Unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so, we collect your Personal Information from you directly. In other instances, however, we will collect or receive information about you from a third party. For example, we may receive or collect Personal Information about you from third party service providers assisting us to provide products or services to you such as courier companies or Insurance Companies or their Intermediaries or Brokers.
The privacy and collection practices of entities to which we disclose Personal Information are governed by their own privacy policies and collection notices.
Correcting Personal Information:
We will take reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy of the Personal Information we retain about you.
· It is your responsibility to ensure you submit true, accurate, and complete information to
· You accept the responsibility for keeping Personal Information that you provide to us up to date and undertake to inform us of any changes to your Personal Information.
· If, on receipt of a request from you to correct or delete your Personal Information, we do not believe the Personal Information we hold about you to be incorrect, we will retain your Personal Information in its original form but we will take reasonable steps at your request to add a statement to the Personal Information stating that you believe the information is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
Deleting your Information:
Under certain circumstances, you may request we delete Personal Information we hold about you. We will assess your request and determine, under applicable law, whether we are required to delete this information.
Consequence of Withdrawal of Consent:
If the processing of your Personal Information is based on consent, you may withdraw consent granted at any time. We will delete your Personal Information within a reasonable time after you withdraw your consent, but we may not be able to continue providing any services to you thereafter. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose your Personal Information where such collection, use and disclosure without consent is permitted or required under the applicable laws.
Accessing your Information:
If you wish to access your Personal Information you can contact our Information Officer to provide the information to you
Last updated: 29 June 2021